“The Sea Island SongBird”
“If Womanism had a soundtrack, then she would be a featured artist. Her musical stylings embody the spirit of this concept – vocals that are tender and yet powerful; a fiercely original artist with the ability to passionately interpret the greats from Nina to Natalie; a talented trustee of the art for past, present and future generations. Hearing her live can take you on a global journey through space and time, all the while keeping you intimately connected to your own understanding of the pure joy and pain that is music. Sensual, inspirational, memorable – Mahoganee.”
Mahoganee, a South Carolina Native & East Coast based artist blending a Style of Southern Soul, Funk, Jazz, Blues & Hip-Hop (deemed Funky Organik Soul) is a renowned vocalist, recording artist, songwriter and youth educator-mentor with national credits to her name. With over 20 years of experience in her field, she evolves as a consummate personality. Mahoganee is sought to perform at numerous and reputable corporate, private, civic and community events with audiences of dignitaries and 21st century iCons. She has amassed a growing fan base and continually earns respect from her “age-peers” and her “age-seasoned ” audiences. Both groups of supporters appreciate the sultry, earthy, authentic, vocal range spanning more than four octaves, and her commanding acapella stage presence. She has performed for audiences of 20,000 + with music heard in over 24 countries. Mahoganee has shared the stage with artist such as Tony Terry, SOS Band, & Daniel Winans.
- Featured on SoulTrain.com for ARTs and Activism. Jan 2012
- Awarded the Chapter President's Award & Made an Honorary Member of the Historical Montford Point Marine Assoc. June 2016
- Performance at SC State House for Commemoration of Brown v Board of Education May 2015
- Presented with Proclamation from Prince George’s Maryland County Executive Jack B. Johnson on February 16, 2008 Recognizing Mahoganee and her husband Andre for Musical Accomplishments.
- The Proclamation Recognized & Proclaimed February 16, 2008 as a day of celebration and recognition of Mahoganee’s album “Thoughtz of a D.I.V.A..
- Self-published 3 albums, the most recent album reached the top 10 of the Indie Charts.
- Won Finalist in the Rap/Urban/R&B category of the 2009 Mid-Atlantic SongWriters Association of Washington DC Song Contest
- A guest soloist in Macy’s Homeless Campaign in Washington DC. 2009
- Performed Live on the (TJMS) Tom Joyner Sky Show 2005
- Teaching Artist at Historical Penn Center, one of the most significant African American historical and cultural institutions in existence today on St. Helena Island, SC
- Traveled Abroad as Teaching Artist on a Mission Trip & Performed in Trinadad & Tobago 2009
- Performed as Nina Simone in "Take Me Back to Harlem" A Langston Hughes Based Play for the North Charleston Arts Festival in 2015
- Performed at the Annual Black Family Reunion of the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW) in Washington, DC.
- A requested performer at the Savannah Ga Black Heritage Festival 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000
- A requested performer at Annual Penn Center's Heritage Festival 2011, 2014, 2015
- A requested performer at the 30th Annual Original Gullah Festival May 2016
- An Official South Carolina Arts Commission Arts in Education Approved Artist in the Field of Music
- Co-Founder, Brand Manager & ViSual ViSionary of the First AFWLC Africa Fashion Week LowCountry 2015
- 2016 Featured Vocalist with the International Renowned Dr. Marlena Smalls & The Hallelujah Singers- South Carolina's Tourism Ambassadors
- Featured on SoulTracks.com with New Single First Listen Write-Up Feb 2017
As a teaching-artist Mahoganee conducts Summer Music Camps on Songwriting, Song Structure, Stage Presence, Confidence, and Vocal Production. Special skills are evident in the artists’ ability to develop, implement and supervise curricula for female and male youth on such topics as: Character Development, Strategies For Achieving Academic Success, Self-Awareness and Self-Management Skills, Planning For the Future, Developing Profiles to Showcase Personal Gifts and Talents, Strategies For Dressing For Success, Volunteerism and Community Service, & Peer Mentoring. Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ are used with discernment by the artist. She encourages communication on topics associated with her craft from those she contacts and receives contacts on a daily basis. These electronic tools allow immediate exchanges that perpetuate conversations related to the scope of her craft.
As a Change Agent, Mahoganee is Co-Founder of the Responsible ARTistry Campaign (R.A.c.) along with her husband Andre Amiger. R.A.c. was founded on the mission of "Using Our Influenece as ARTists to Enhance & Save Lives". Visit www.ResponsibleARTistry.com for more information.