Tier 3: Zoning Selection Criteria
Each Land Use Designation is associated with multiple potential zoning districts. Staff proposes to develop guidance to assist the Commission in weighing appropriate zoning options. For example, the Multi-family (low-density) Land Use Designation corresponds to both the R-3 and R-4L Zoning Districts.
1. Low Density Multifamily Designation: R-4L is appropriate where:
a. Transit access is high frequency or high capacity, or
b. On designated pedestrian streets, or
c. Within ¼ mile walkshed of a Mixed-use Center.
2. Multi-family High Density Designations: Staff recommend applying only the R-4 Multifamily High Density Zoning District. The R-5 District allows development up to 150 feet in height, a scale of development that is only otherwise allowed in the City’s designated Regional Growth Centers. In addition, the potential impacts from such a scale of development are more appropriately reviewed within the context of a site rezone application where greater project details can be reviewed and conditions placed on the proposed development to address potential off-site impacts.
Tier 4: Area Specific FLUM/ Zoning Profile
- Existing Uses
- Nonconforming Uses
- 20-minute Neighborhoods
- Zoning and Land Use Transitions
- Street Grid and Alley Access
- Past Zoning Changes
- Multimodal Transportation Facilities
- Historic and Cultural Resources
Map Amendment Progression
- Preliminary Zoning and FLUM Map Amendments
- Area Specific Profile
- Planning Commission Public Review Draft
- Planning Commission Recommendation