Special edition, 2018
Get up to Speed with Our “SIG” Recap
Over the summer and into fall, there were a number of UR Student Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings for representatives of their functional areas chosen to participate. Most recently, Student Finance, Records and Registration, and Faculty SIG members gathered to discuss issues that will impact many end-users.
Student Finance SIG: (Note: Going forward, this group is scheduled to meet on the first Thursday of every month, starting on December 6th. They will be discussing UR Student Project Touchpoints with Finance.)
At their previous session in September, the Finance SIG met with Central Finance on tuition reporting. They reviewed topics like allocations (mandatory fees) and future state configuration for budget to actuals. Changes included:
- All Student changes/payments will happen on a real-time vs. batch basis (in SIS)
- Additional worktags on all student-related transactions (e.g. program of study)
- Consolidation of mandatory fee existing revenue categories into one
August meeting: Proof of Concept on Tuition Reporting; agenda topics included:
- Student Attributes—worktags/related worktags, and CRFs in the new system
- Tuition and Mandatory Fees proposals
- Risks and Revenue Recognition/Allocations
Records & Registration: September SIG on Working Cutover Framework focused on what it takes to build a tenant and the critical functionality being delivered in December. The group also learned more about what the cutover framework is and does. (PowerPoint, Playback, Framework Diagram).
Back in June, the Records and Registration SIG examined how UR Student Consolidated Generic Enrollment will work. (PowerPoint, Report extract, Fast Facts, Playback)