The Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert designation is a technical marketing credential that validates expertise and thorough operational skill in the use of Marketo. We encourage all experienced Marketo customers and partners to become certified.
This credential is designed for candidates holding the roles/titles listed below. Please read the exam guides to identify the exact minimum qualifications recommended for a candidate who is ready to take the test.
- Marketing operations manager/specialist/expert/analyst
- Digital marketing manager/specialist/expert/analyst
- Campaign manager/specialist/expert/analyst
- Marketo Engage consultants
- Digital/marketing automation manager/specialist/expert/analyst
- Marketing systems manager
- Demand generation manager
- Email marketing manager
- Revenue operations manager
- Growth operations manager
- Martech architect
- Marketing technology manager
- Integrated campaign managers
- Business system analyst
Important Note for New and Returning Candidates
Until December 31, 2021, candidates can achieve the Adobe Certified Expert certificate by passing either the AD0-E552 or AD0-E554 exams. Candidates are encouraged to read through each exam guide and use available sample/practice tests to assess which exam best fits their current Marketo experience and skills.
AD0-E552 Exam Guide
AD0-E554 Exam Guide
In 2019, the Adobe Credential Program integrated the Marketo Certified Expert certification exam, joining the list of available Adobe Experience Cloud certifications. The exam for MCE became AD0-E552 Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert. Due to its age (built in 2019), the AD0-E552 exam will retire on January 1, 2022.
In 2021, the Adobe Credential Program enlisted the help of a team of Marketo Engage customers, partners and consultants to redesign and rebuild the expert level exam. The exam offers free materials to assist potential candidates assess their readiness to pass the test. Scroll down to the Recommended Preparation section for links to access these materials.
Requirement (Successfully pass any one exam)
- [AD0-E552] AD0-E552 Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert - retiring January 1, 2022
- [AD0-E554] AD0-E554 Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (New)
Adobe Marketo Engage certifications are valid for two years from the date of achieving the certificate requirements (e.g. successfully passed the exam.)
Download exam guides
- AD0-E552 Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert Exam Guide (English)
- AD0-E554 Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert Exam Guide (English)
You will be directed to the Adobe credential management system, where you will be prompted to log in with an Adobe ID or create a new one. Once logged in, you can access your profile and exam history.
It is important to note that training alone will not provide you with the knowledge and skills required to pass this expert level exam. Successful, on-the-job-experience is critical to providing you the knowledge needed to pass the exam.
Recommended preparation are listed for each exam below. For partners, training options are available in the Partner learner journeys via the Adobe Solution Partner Program portal.
AD0-E552 Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert Exam (previously Marketo Certified Expert)
- Explore the AD0-E552 exam guide
- Consider attending the MCE exam prep course
- Take the Online sample test questions (a few questions to provide candidates with an idea about the format of questions that will be presented during the actual test)
AD0-E554 Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert Exam (new)
Need more training? Browse our course catalog
Certification expiration policy –How long is my certification valid?
To ensure our experts are up to date on new solution features and capabilities, Adobe Experience Cloud certifications are valid for two years from the date of achieving the certificate requirements (e.g. successfully passed the exam.) To keep the certificate current, the most common requirement is to pass an exam close to the expiration date of two years. Review the requirement(s) listed in this guide.
For any questions around Adobe credentials and certifications, please visit the FAQ page.