Mark Your Calendar!
Monday, April 17th
- School Closed - Spring Break
Tuesday, April 18th - Day 5
- School Resumes
- Grades K-12: Soles for Souls Begins (Sponsored by NHS)
- K-6: HSA Sponsored Box Tops Flash Competition
- Baseball vs. Lincoln Leadership 3:15 pm @ Boot Road Park
- MS Baseball vs. West-Mont Christian 3:45 pm @ West-Mont Christian Academy
Wednesday, April 19th - Day 6
- 2nd Grade Field Trip to Longwood Gardens (Hannan, Mrs. Guarante, and Mr. Guarante)
- Grades 9-12: Fruit Smoothie Fundraiser Sponsored By Student Council
- Grades K-6: ROAR T-shirt Day (Wear CCS ROAR T-shirt with CCS Uniform Bottoms)
- 468 Building Principals' Coffee Chat 10:00am @ 486 Cafeteria
- CCS Music Students Depart for Iceland 2:00pm @ 435 Building Conference Room
- Golf vs. Renaissance Academy 3:00pm @ Kimberton Golf Club
- Baseball vs. Phil-Mont Christian Academy 3:45pm @ Phil-Mont Christian Academy
- HSA Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A 4:30pm - 7:30pm @ Lionville and Downingtown Chick-fil-A Locations
- HSA Public Meeting 5:30pm @ 435 Conference Room
Thursday, April 20th - Day 1
- 2nd Grade Field Trip to Longwood Gardens (Lewis, Farry, and Smith)
- 500 Building Principals' Coffee Chat 9:00 am - 10:00 am @ 500 Conference Room
- Girls' Lacrosse vs. Perkiomen School 4:00 pm @ Perkiomen School
- Board of Trustees Public Work Session 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm @ 435 Conference Room
- Board of Trustees Regular Public Meeting 7:00 pm
Friday, April 21st - Day 2
- Grades K-12: Cougar Pride Day - Wear Your Cougar Gear with Uniform Bottoms or Jeans
- Grades K-6: St. Jude's Mathathon Ends
- Girls' Lacrosse vs. Lower Moreland 3:00pm @ United Sports
- Baseball vs. West-Mont Christian 3:45pm @ West-Mont Christian Academy
- Cougar Classic 5K Early Packet Pick-Up 4:30pm - 6:00pm @ 515 Building
- Grades 9-12: Spring Carnival sponsored by Student Council and Spanish Honor Society 7:00pm @ 535 Gym
Saturday, April 22nd
- Cougar Classic 5K 8:00am @ 150 Building
Middle School Video Contest Winners
A team of our Middle School students competed in the Dream It Do It PA What's So Cool About Manufacturing video contest, sponsored by the Chester County Economic Development Council (CCEDC).
With 13 schools participating, over 27,000 votes were cast. The awards ceremony was Tuesday, April 4th at Penn State Great Valley and the competition was fierce! Collegium's team of Middle School students won "Outstanding Creativity" - one of only seven awards presented. Congratulations to our dedicated, talented, and clearly creative Middle School student participants!
Annual K-12 Art Show
The CCS Annual K-12 Art Show is right around the corner! Join us April 27th from 5:30pm until 8:00pm in the 535 Gym and Cafeteria.
The Annual K-12 Show features artwork from CCS students in grades K-12. Attend the event and enjoy musical performances from Elementary Jazz Band, Middle School Bucket Drums, Middle School Jazz Band, String ensembles, and more. With food, auctions, and items for sale, the event is sure to please all members of your family!
Learn more about the event by viewing Mrs. Teodecki's Video Invitation below and accessing the Annual K-12 Art Show website.
Grades 9-12 Spring Carnaval
Student Council and Spanish Honor Society are back with their second annual High School Spring Carnaval on April 21st from 7:00pm until 10:00pm!
Tickets are $10.00/each and will be sold outside of the 535 Cafeteria during the week of April 18th. There will be games, a DJ, Rita's, henna, tacos, and much more! The attire is casual, so don't feel the need to dress up, but that certainly doesn't mean you can't.
On behalf of Student Council and Spanish Honor Society, we look forward to this illuminating event and hope to see many 9th-12th grade students attend!
CCS at Delaware Valley Science Fair
Malavika Menon (6th), Anusha Kalavacharla (11th), and Julianna Ohnjec (12th) participated in the Delaware Valley Science Fair with over 700 other students from the tri-state area.
Malavika was awarded a gold medal for winning 1st Place of all 6th-8th grade Environmental Science projects. She also won a Future Scientist Award from the Eastern Regional Center of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Along with her awards, she was invited to present her research and experiment to the U.S. Department of Agriculture later this month.
Anusha was awarded a silver medal for winning 2nd Place of all 11th grade Medicine and Health projects. She was also given a $48,000 scholarship to the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia!
We also want to congratulate Julianna for competing in Science Fair Competitions (at CCS and higher levels) for 13 years! This is quite an accomplishment and a testament to her hard word, dedication, and love of science!
Rec Night for 3rd-6th Grades
On Friday, May 19th, the Elementary Student Council is hosting a Rec Night for 3rd-6th grade CCS students.
The Rec Night will take place in the 500 Building from 4:30pm until 6:30pm. During Rec Night, students will join in various activities, such as dodgeball, arts/crafts, a PG movie, and more!
Parent permission forms (below) are due Friday, April 28th along with the $5.00 participation fee. Please see the permission form for additional information and email Ms. Perrino if you have questions.
Grades K-6th Character Development Program: Fairness, Responsibility, Respect, Citizenship, Trustworthiness, and Caring.
Here at Collegium, students are recognized by staff for their good character and their names and photos are added to the Good Character Walls. We have new additions to our Good Character Walls:
- Jade Jarmon
- Jazmine Alpizar
- Mehki Dixon
- Freddy Santiago
- Evann Warrington
- Jakob Maloney
- Silvia Butler
Cougar Family Cookbook
Recipes are "pouring" in for our first Cougar Family Cookbook, featuring a wide variety of recipes directly from our students, staff, and families. Even the CCS mascot, Carl the Cougar (shown here with whisk, hairnet, and apron) is getting in on the action!
All recipes can be submitted online and must be sent before April 21st. Submitting your recipes is completely free. To submit recipes now, simply:
- Access: www.gandrpublishing.com
- Username: CougarCookbook
- Password: HSA2017
- Follow: The provided instructions to enter your recipes.
Questions about submitting recipes? Please email CCS parent and HSA volunteer, Sara Newman. Questions about the HSA? Please email us directly!
Spring Box Tops Flash Contest
April Box Tops bring May freeze pops! Collect your Box Tops (use collection sheet below or clip and place in a baggie) and send to your children's homeroom teachers between April 18th and May 1st.
Please make sure you are submitting only current Box Tops as expired Box Tops are not accepted.
The K-6 classrooms that collect the most Box Tops will receive freeze pops during a recess in May! See the attached letter and collection sheet for additional information.
CCS Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A
Don’t worry about making dinner on Wednesday, April 19th. The HSA is sponsoring a CCS Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A! Tell your friends and family to come out between 4:30pm and 7:30pm and 10% of all sales will be donated back to the HSA!
We are excited to offer this great opportunity at two local Chick-fil-A locations.
- Lionville (211 Eagleview Blvd.)
- Downingtown (845 E. Lancaster Ave.)
For more details, see the flyer linked below.