- Founded by Dietrich Mateschitz in the mid 1980s
- Based off of the Thai energy drink, Krating Daeng
- Red Bull was sold for the first time in its home market Austria
- It was the birth of a completely new product
- Red Bull is available in 169 countries
- The company has sold over 60 billion cans
- 11,000 employees globally
Red Bull's Mission Statement
"Our mission is to be the premier marketer and supplier of Red Bull in Asia, Europe, and other parts of the globe. We will achieve this mission by building long-term relationships with the people who can make it become a reality."
Red Bull's Vision Statement
- People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be.
- Portfolio: Bring to the world a portfolio of quality beverage that anticipate and satisfy people's desires and needs.
- Partners: Nurturing a winning network of customers and suppliers, together we create mutual enduring value.
- Profit: Maximize long-term return to share owners while being mindful our overall responsibilities.
- Productivity: Be a highly effective, lean and fast-moving organization.
Marketing: "Our main objective is to create awareness and value for the product. One word to describe marketing at Red Bull? Different. We're glad you've spent years learning traditional marketing methods, because now, it's time to break them."