If you loan the money to Leah, you will be helping her children to receive an education. As you can see from the video, having an education is very important, and can help her children to have a better future.
- The first goal of the United Nations (UN) for sustainable development is no poverty. By giving Leah a loan, you will be helping her and her two children to rise out of poverty.
- Since Leah's business helps people in her community send and receive money easier and without the use of a bank, the loan will also help people in her community rise out of poverty better.
- In addition, by giving Leah the loan, you will be helping to complete the UN's second goal for sustainable development, which is to eliminate hunger. By giving Leah this money, you will be helping Leah to feed herself and her family.
- Since her business helps people in her community receive and transfer money without a bank, more people would have access to her business (since she wants to use some of the loan to expand her business), which means that more people in her community will have the ability to put food on the table, which further contributes to the completion of the UN's second global goal.
- Lastly, by giving Leah the money for the loan, you would be helping her to expand her business, and increase her income. She would then like to use part of this bigger income to pay for her two children to go on and get a quality education, which would be contributing to completing the fourth global goal, which is for everybody to have a quality education.
News, BBC. "Home." BBC News. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Dec. 2016.
"Strengthening the Rule of Law in Malawi | The World Justice Project." Strengthening the Rule of Law in Malawi | The World Justice Project. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Dec. 2016.
Posted by Antipas Massawe on July 23, 2013 at 20:46 View Blog. "Malawi-Tanzania Border Solution needs bad 1890 Heligoland treaty revoked." GOXI. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Dec. 2016.
"World Book Online Reference Center | Online Reference Book| Online Encyclopedia." World Book. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Dec. 2016.
"5 ‘P’s of Global Poverty." Grasping Global Poverty. N.p., 2010. Web. 22 Dec. 2016.
"Contact CIA." Central Intelligence Agency. Central Intelligence Agency, n.d. Web. 22 Dec. 2016.
"Start lending." Kiva. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Dec. 2016.