Let’s face it—video was everywhere in 2016. It used to be a cause, a business, a brand was invisible if it didn’t have a website. Now video is the new standard. Consider the following stats:
- Experts predict video will account for 80% of global internet traffic by 2019.*
- Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.**
- In a single month over 3 million small businesses have posted a video on Facebook, according to Sheryl Sandberg.***
Video communication is here to stay and it’s only going to become even more important to how we all communicate every day.
Our passion at Spark is to make standing out on social easy and fun. And today we’ve made video creation and sharing simpler for everyone. Spark Video now supports video clips to help you engage, motivate, and inspire your audience. And best of all, you can do it in just minutes.
See our new feature in action with this short recipe video an indie print publication uses on social media to drive traffic to its subscription page.
You’ve long been able to add photos, text, icons, and narration in Spark Video’s easy, intuitive editor to create animated videos. Adding video clips, Spark Video’s number-one most requested feature, works much the same way. Here’s what you need to know about the new feature:
- Easily add video clips: Add a slide to your Spark Video project and select a video from your iPhone, iPad, or computer. Unlike complicated video editors, your clip can easily be parsed into a series of slides of various durations.
- Continue clip: To make a new point over the same video clip, simply break it up into a new slide by tapping the “Continue” button. Then overlay text, an icon, adjust the volume, or even add narration to the slides—it will play through seamlessly.
- Trim: One-touch trimming lets you pick the right start and end of the clip you want in your video—you don’t even need both hands free!
- Align video to narration: Add your voice to your project by hitting the record button and speaking into the mic. Then automatically align the video clip to the length of your narration with one tap—no guesswork needed.
- Adjust volume: Add a music track to lend an overall mood to your video. We have a few suggestions, but you can also add your own tracks. Then highlight key moments of sound from your clips or narration to engage your audience. Sounds from your clips can be set as ambient background, emphasized, or muted.
See how others are using video to ramp up their social media presence:
Artist Jessica Niello takes her social media followers inside her studio with video.
Non-profit CHOICE Humanitarian inspires their community of changemakers through a video about their volunteer expeditions.
We’ve also provided the beta to a few users and this is what they had to say:
“Wow…loving Adobe Spark Video and now it just got better” – Brian Fanzo, founder/CEO of social strategy consulting agency iSocialFanz
“It’s really awesome the video stays loaded and you can re-edit the clip. Very cool” – Peg Fitzpatrick, author, speaker, and social media marketing pro
Take it for a spin!
Thanks for another great year
As 2016 comes to a close, our team has been reflecting on our good fortune. We continue to help everyone be creative—from changemakers rallying support for causes, to entrepreneurs marketing their businesses and passion projects, to individuals looking to stand out and have fun on social media. Spark users have already created more than 10 million social posts, web pages, and videos, and those stories are read, watched, and viewed by almost two million people every month.
Thank you for all your support to date. We look forward to making the apps even better in the coming year, and we hope you’ll join us in making 2017 social media’s most engaging year yet. We certainly can’t do it without you.